I mentioned when I did my Morrocan carrot dip, that I pick up every week a beautiful organic veggie box. The fun thing about it, is that I get veggies I’ve never seen before. This week we got some watermelon radish. Looks pretty dull from the outside but once you start to slice it, it shows you a beautiful vibrant pink colour! How exciting! But what to do with it? “Ask Pinterest” is usually my first answer. I found a Watermelon Radish Salad with Avocado Vinaigrette recipe.
I adapted it a little bit since I was missing some ingredients like lettuce.
Here is what I did. Very simply and super quick to make. It should be done within ten minutes. Great if you are on the go.
The ingredients you need to make my version:
– 2 Watermelon radish
– 2 Avocados
– Half of a small red onion
– Some coriander
– Juice of one lemon
– About 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar
– About 3 tbsp of olive oil
– Salt & Pepper
– Sesame seeds
Now you’d like to know how to make it? Easy!
1. Peel the radish and finely slice them. I used a grater to be quicker (I was starving!) and have them really fine.
3. Put everything in a bowl. Sprinkle some chopped coriander and the sesame seeds on top.
4. To make your salad sauce, keep it simple: mix the lemon juice, the vinegar, the olive oil, the salt and the pepper.
Then pour it over the salad and toss well.
Delicious with a nice fresh slice of bread! Enjoy